I have made senior-level contributions at companies that are managing significant change: start-ups, turnarounds, stall-outs, and new product launches.
- Opened direct response agency (DirectWorks) in Melbourne, Australia for U.S. parent company; first year billings exceeded $U.S. 23,000,000. Responsibilities included new business development, strategic planning, developing client relationships, and managing account and production teams … as well as hiring and training staff, setting and maintaining quality control standards and procedures, and researching, contracting, and managing suppliers.
- Turned around faltering design studio (DMZ) by establishing and implementing operating procedures and quality control standards. Responsible for significantly improved product, faster service, increased volume and profitability, and much higher levels of customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Turned around integrated advertising agency (Wells Nobay McDowell) in Melbourne, Australia which had recently lost two of three principals and three of four major clients. As interim General Manager, I stabilized agency, improved morale and retained personnel, regained confidence of remaining client and expanded relationship, won significant new business, and attracted high-quality new talent.
- Hired to help manage major new product launch for client PG&E at Yates Advertising. Contributed to strategic direction, defined project requirements, oversaw functional and visual microsite design processes, and worked closely with 3rd-party web developers.
- Participated in launch of new product for Intuit, Quicken Kids & Money. As the Content Manager, I was responsible for the successful development, acquisition, organization, and delivery of hundreds of games, learning modules, worksheets, and parent instructions.
- Built marketing department at San Francisco-based tour operator High Country Passage/World Leaders Travel. In my first twelve months as Director of Marketing, total bookings increased by 98.5% and the fill rate increased by 27% over the previous year.
- Managed transition from legacy software to new membership management system for Bay Area Travel Writers, integrating member database, online credit card merchant functionality, membership applications, renewals processing, events posting and RSVP functionality, member messaging, and more. Also managed transition from traditional newsletter to Web-based e-zine.