Award-winning writer and experienced managing editor with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality articles, books, collateral materials, and Web-based content. Master’s degree in online education.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for Web-based content development, organization, management, and delivery as Content Manager for start-up division of Intuit/Quicken specializing in children’s financial literacy. Managed literally hundreds of learning modules, audio recordings, online games, parent forums, FAQs, Webcasts, “audio postcards” and e-mail alerts. Worked closely with 3rd-party subject matter experts.
- Co-edited two anthologies for Left Coast Writers: managed trajectory of submissions, negotiated with authors, ensured the smooth flow of manuscripts and proofs to and from authors, copy edited, proofread, approved layouts, ensured deadlines were met.
- Produced monthly newsletter for Audubon Canyon Ranch for one year.
- Experienced with print-on-demand publishing (CreateSpace, Ingram Spark, HP/Mag Cloud, Blurb, Lulu).
Writing and editing
- Final responsibility for content—including editing, copy editing, fact checking, and proofreading—for print and electronic media, including brochures, print ads, catalogs, newsletters, and Web pages at fast-paced, high-output advertising agency with extremely high standards (responsible for thousands of pieces over more than seven years).
- Experienced at identification of target audiences, writing creative briefs, and developing messaging for multiple audiences. Able to coordinate communications strategies for varying initiatives such as development, enrollment, public relations, public programs, and overall branding.
- Responsible for senior-level business writing for more than ten years: client presentations and ongoing communications, new business proposals, management reports, campaign analysis.
- Two of my feature-length articles were published by the San Francisco Chronicle Magazine.
- Eight of my literary travel essays have been published in Travelers’ Tales and Lonely Planet anthologies, including The Best Women’s Travel Writing.
- My articles and literary essays are award-winners: Society of American Travel Writers’ Lowell Thomas Gold Award (the highest national award for travel writing), Travelers’ Tales’ Solas Awards, Bay Area Travel Writers Best Awards, national “Planet Earth” grand prize.