I’ve produced customer acquisition and retention campaigns, sold software, managed new product introductions, developed Web-based content, acquired new and renewal subscriptions, and provided strategic recommendations for leading high-tech companies.
- Responsible for Web-based content development, organization, management, and delivery as Content manager for start-up division of Intuit/Quicken specializing in children’s financial literacy. Managed literally hundreds of learning modules, audio recordings, online games, parent forums, FAQs, Webcasts, “audio postcards” and e-mail alerts. Worked closely with 3rd-party subject matter experts.
- Led agency team that introduced a new marketing vehicle — direct response software sales — to the U.S. marketplace and built direct response business for Borland from zero to 60% of sales in two and one half years. (During the same period, revenues grew from $90 million to more than $500 million.)
- Analyzed direct marketing expenses and leverage points for major Silicon Valley client; developed and negotiated plan to save client over $1,000,000 annually — without decreasing revenues.
- As member of 3-person circulation department, increased PC World circulation from 30,000 to more than 300,000. (Folio 400 ranked PC World the fastest-growing U.S. consumer magazine … and I received a Folio Gold Award for Excellence in Direct Marketing.)
- Intuit (Quicken Kids & Money)
- PC World