I have managed departments of 3 to 15 employees, including recruiting, hiring/firing, training, coaching, supervising, motivating, and reviewing performance. I developed strong planning, problem-solving, and prioritization skills in management positions at EuroRSCG Worldwide, High Country Passage, and Cohn & Wells.
- Participated — along with owner, president, and CFO — in executive team responsible for long-term planning, policy development, product and personnel decisions, budget issues, and executive reporting at luxury educational travel company. In my first twelve months there, total bookings increased by 98.5% and fill rate increased by 27% over previous year.
- Opened and managed advertising agency in Melbourne, Australia; responsibilities included revenue generation and new business development, budget development and management, strategic planning, developing client relationships, and hiring/training/managing staff. (Revenue exceeded U.S. $23,000,000.)
- Managed advertising agency’s most profitable account team at Cohn & Wells San Francisco, generating annual revenue in excess of $20,000,000. Experienced in training both clients and agency employees in direct marketing methods and procedures, and in managing high-volume, detail-oriented direct marketing projects.
- Built and managed marketing department at educational travel company. Developed or supervised development of infrastructure — including management reports and budgets. Hired, trained, and managed department personnel during period of rapid growth.
- Analyzed direct marketing expenses and leverage points for major Silicon Valley client; developed and negotiated plan to save client over $1,000,000 annually without decreasing revenues.
- Elected board member for a 120-member organization of professional travel writers. Served as treasurer (two years) and as vice president (one year). Appointed to Presidential Advisory Council. Led the transition to internet-based membership management software (2007) and internet-based publishing (2012).