My experience with not-for-profit organizations includes fundraising, active participation on several boards, marketing to constituents, newsletter and magazine publication, working as a docent, and conducting scientific field work.
- San Francisco Zoo: Part of 3-member marketing team hired by the San Francisco Zoo to develop their Capital Campaign; raised more than $24,000,000. Assisted with production of multiple issues of member publication (Zoo Views). Managed redesign of SF Zoo website.
- Elected and re-elected officer (treasurer and vice president) for three years at Bay Area Travel Writers, a 160-member organization of professional travel writers and photographers. Also served as webmaster, and managed transition from traditional newsletter to Web-based e-zine.
- EarthWatch: Participated in three programs (in Argentina, Brazil, Madagascar) working with scientists in the field.
- Golden Gate Raptor Observatory: Participated for eleven years in scientific research program (tracking migration of hawks) as trapper and bander.
- Audubon Canyon Ranch: Experienced docent—led 4th- and 5th-graders on nature hikes. Board member and newsletter editor / producer.
- As Director of Marketing at educational travel operator, worked extensively with not-for-profit clients, including the Smithsonian, National Geographic, the American Museum of Natural History, California Academy of Sciences, and the alumni organizations of Harvard, Yale, MIT, Stanford, Cal, Smith, and more.