I love building business. My experience spans multiple industries, including financial services, high tech, telecommunications, and travel, and includes a wide variety of successful B2B and consumer marketing programs.
- In my first twelve months as Director of Marketing for luxury educational tour operator, total bookings increased by 98.5% and fill rate increased by 27% over previous year.
- Team-developed marketing strategy for national telecommunications company (Telecom Australia) undergoing deregulation. Managed ongoing strategic refinement (in response to rapidly changing marketplace) and campaign implementation. Retained 33% more customers than anticipated in aggressive marketing plan.
- Led agency team that introduced a new marketing vehicle — direct response software sales — to the U.S. marketplace and built direct response business for Borland from zero to 60% of sales in two and one half years. (During the same period, revenues grew from $90 million to more than $500 million.)
- Analyzed direct marketing expenses and leverage points for major Silicon Valley client; developed and negotiated plan to save client over $1,000,000 annually — without decreasing revenues.
- As member of 3-person circulation department, increased PC World circulation from 30,000 to more than 300,000. (Folio 400 ranked PC World the fastest-growing U.S. consumer magazine … and I received a Folio Gold Award for Excellence in Direct Marketing.)