Matt Mullenweg’s “State of the Word” address at the 2011 WordCamp in San Francisco. Some of Matt’s points:
- Ease of use continues to be the big draw for WordPress developers and users.
- Community is the second-most appreciated benefit.
- 92% of WordPress users use it as a CMS.
- 14.7% of all websites are built on WordPress. That’s up from 8.5% last year. For new websites, it’s a whopping 22%.
- Hourly rates worldwide for WP development range from $5/hour to $2,000/hour (!)
- Coming up: improvements in admin interface, new user experience, media handling.